(Full-time) – Las Vegas Location
Assistant General Manager Job Listing
WE’RE ACTIVELY HIRING FOR THIS POSITION as of 07/11/21. Please send resume or work experience to David Peterson @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dueling Axes is growing, and looking for a responsible, confident, energetic and reliable individual to help kick off our expanding business by being the Assistant General Manager of our Las Vegas, NV Dueling Axes locations. Your job will be highly important in ensuring the associate team meets its goals of efficiency and customer satisfaction. This position will require 40+ hours a week and will offer additional opportunity for growth as Dueling Axes grows. This is a salaried position that comes with health/dental/vision package.
The AGM will report directly to the General Manager and assist in overseeing all daily operations of the location. The successful candidate will ensure strategic goals are met by contributing in development of operational policies, creating and maintaining budgets, managing employees and taking on relevant responsibilities as needed. The AGM will assist in the training of coaches, bartenders and hosts, monitor inventory and work with the General Manager and Executive team to order inventory/merchandise based on need. The AGM will have management responsibilities including opening and closing of the venue, ensuring high level of staff performance, employee scheduling and participate in Dueling Axes special events. This position will also be aware of consumer behavior to ensure our store meets and exceeds client expectations.
The ideal candidate will have retail / bar / restaurant manager skills (F&B in the Las Vegas market a major plus) with a sharp business / think outside of the box mindset. The AGM should be skilled at organizing and solving problems with an extreme aptitude for customer service. Interpersonal and mediation skills will also be especially useful as you’ll often be acting as liaison between managers, employees and customers. The qualified candidate should be a thoughtful leader and a confident decision-maker, helping people develop and be productive, while ensuring venue profitability. Ultimately, the duties of the AGM are to assist in making sure the venue operates efficiently and that we keep our customers safe and happy while developing and fostering a strong team culture.
Assistant General Manager Responsibilities
- Assist in overseeing daily customer service operations (e.g., hosting, coaching, reservation management, sales/payments, bar duties)
- Supervise and motivate staff to perform their best and stay productive
- Act as our venue’s representative and set an example for our staff
- Assist in the strategic planning with the GM and set goals for growth
- Assist the GM and Executive team in planning and implementing marketing strategies to attract guests
- Follow through on policies and procedures set by the executive team
- Stay within budgets and control operating expenses
- Assist in the recruitment and training of new employees
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining inventory retail items and bar product
- Evaluate and suggest improvements of operations and financial performance
- Participate in the evaluation of employee performance and identify hiring and training needs
- Prepare regular reports for upper management, including opening/closing store reports, daily recap reports, etc. as designated
- Suggest training programs and techniques as needed
- Table touch to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction. This includes guest check in at the front desk to bar / servers providing timely drink service, and coaching guest within an adequate time frame
- Ability to communicate effectively to handle/address/resolve any guests issues or complaints
- Make sure all employees adhere to company’s policies and guidelines as well as follow all SNHD and safety regulations
- Provide solutions to issues (e.g. profit decline, employee conflicts, loss of business to competitors, etc.)
- Will hire for attitude and train for skill
- Will be required to learn and master all responsibilities for coaching and running front desk (Dueling Axes will train for this)
- Proven experience in a managerial, bar manager or similar role – 2 years or more required
- Trust worthy, responsible and punctual
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.)
- Strong analytical ability
- Experience with performance evaluation processes
- Mastery of customer service principles
- Proficient math skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends as needed
- Be over the age of 18 and eligible to work in the United States
- Confident and outgoing personality
- Health and safety conscious
- Reliable, self-motivated and responsible
- Have reliable means of transportation
- 4-year college degree preferred, but not required
If you want to be part of a growing, local company that is focused on fun and customer service, this is for you. Dueling Axes, an urban axe throwing lounge, opened its doors in 2018 and quickly became one of the area’s most sought after experiences. We provide a unique, fun and safe experience to our customers by providing an approachable, inviting atmosphere, good music and an experience you won’t forget.
If you or someone you know is interested in an opportunity like this, please send a resume to David Peterson at email@example.com.
Dueling Axes and its subsidiaries are committed to equal employment opportunity and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local employment laws. Dueling Axes strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination and will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, military status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other reason prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.