1. Minimum Age:
- There is no minimum age as long as one person on the team is 18 or over, or a legal parent/guardian of one of the team members is present during throwing. All waivers must be signed by the minor’s legal parent/guardian.
2. Target Quality:
- Targets should be relatively new and of sound quality prior to league commencement.
- When targets deteriorate to a point where excessive movement or ‘wiggling’ of the axes occur when they land in the damaged area causing or risking good throws to fall out, the boards should be switched out to ensure fair play.
- If a large piece of wood or chunk falls out during play, the player may request to have the board changed but the ultimate decision will fall on the axe throwing referee (coach).
- Targets must be sprayed with water from spray bottle prior to the start of league play.
- If boards are continually hard, league members may request to have more water sprayed on the boards.
3. Warm Up Throws:
- Players may have up to 5 practice throws prior to their first match.
- Players may have 1 practice throw prior to any subsequent matches.
- The axe throwing referee will notify players when their match will commence.
- The league will allow practice throws before official league start time subject to availability, fairness and consent of referee on premises.